13 Apr Brown Sugar-Bourbon Ham
In the South, glazed ham is the centerpiece of Easter Dinner. It is delicious, and can be served warm or cold. This make-ahead main dish has big flavor with its sweet-bourbon glaze.
- 1 (6- to 8-lb.) fully cooked, bone-in ham
- 48 whole cloves
- 1 (16-oz.) package light brown sugar
- 1 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1 cup cola soft drink
- 3/4 cup bourbon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Make diamond shaped pattern cuts over the back of the ham, about 3/4 inch apart.
- Insert cloves in centers of diamonds.
- Place ham in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Stir together brown sugar, mustard, cola and bourbon; spoon glaze mixture over ham.
- Bake at 350° on lowest oven rack 2 hours and 30 minutes, baste with glaze mixture every 15 to 20 minutes. Remove ham from oven, and let stand 20 minutes before slicing.