14 Apr Iced Lemon Buttermilk Bundt Cake
3 tablespoons grated lemon rind (about 2 lemons)
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
3 cups all-purpose flour (13 1/2 ounces)
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 to 1 teaspoon lemon extract
3 large eggs
1 cup low-fat buttermilk
1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon low-fat buttermilk
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare cake, combine rind and 3 tablespoons juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Coat a 10-inch Bundt pan with cooking spray; dust with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar.
- Lightly spoon the flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Place butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually add remaining 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, rind mixture, and extract, beating until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture and 1 cup buttermilk alternately to sugar mixture, beating at low speed, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- To prepare glaze, combine powdered sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons juice, and 1 tablespoon buttermilk in a small bowl, stirring until smooth. Drizzle glaze over warm cake. Garnish with grated lemon rind once glaze is set, if desired.
This recipe can be found at http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/glazed-lemon-buttermilk-cake