18 Nov Broccoli Cheese Casserole
Broccoli Cheese Casserole is a staple of any holiday meal. It’s cheesy awesome goodness is always the first to be finished off at our table. It is such an easy dish because we use minute rice and you can make the day before and cook it the day of your event.
- 2 bags minute rice – cooked
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 loaf (16 oz. box) VELVEETA™ Original Cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, if desired
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets (1/2 inch)
- 1 cup fine soft bread crumbs (about 1 1/2 slices bread)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook rice in water as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in cheese, soup, milk and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.
- Stir in broccoli and rice. Spoon into baking dish. In small bowl, mix bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon melted butter; sprinkle over rice mixture.
- Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes or until light brown on top and bubbly around edges.