20 Nov Honey Soy Grilled Shrimp
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon jarred minced garlic or 2 teaspoons fresh
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 lb medium uncooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- chopped green onion for garnish
- Whisk the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger (if using) together in a medium bowl.
- Place shrimp in a large zipped-top bag or tupperware.
- Pour 1/2 of the marinade mixture on top, then allow shrimp to marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or for up to 8-12 hours.
- Cover and refrigerate the rest of the marinade
- Grill time for shrimp will vary based on a number of factors like size of shrimp, temperature of shrimp to begin with, grill temperature, outside temperature, flame distance to shrimp etc.
- Serve shrimp with cooked marinade sauce and a garnish of green onion. The sauce is excellent on brown rice and steamed veggies on the side.