06 Nov Brown Sugar Smoked Salmon
Smoked Salmon might seem intimidating but with this brown sugar rub you can’t go wrong. Less than 2 hours on the smoker and you will impress your friends and family!
Brown Sugar Rub
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dill weed, dried
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Heat smoker to 250-275 degrees F.
- Combine salt, pepper, dill and brown sugar to form the rub. Pat gently onto top of salmon. If time allows, place salmon in refrigerator to dry brine for about an hour.
- Smoke salmon on smoker for one hour until it hits 145 degrees F.
- Use pecan, oak, or cherry wood. Choose wood with subtle flavor.
- It is best served cold or at room temperature.
- Use dill WEED (the green leaves), not dill seed. Dill seed will likely be too overpowering of a flavor.