19 Dec Make Your Christmas Dinner Unforgettable With These Food Ideas
Make Your Christmas Dinner Unforgettable With These Food Ideas
It’s the most wonderful time of year, and yet it can be stressful trying to come up with the perfect Christmas dinner. This year, why not switch up the tradition and try something new? Whether you’re looking for an exciting main dish, side dishes or desserts, I have some ideas that will make your Christmas meal unforgettable.
Main Courses for a Feast
The star of any holiday meal is the main course. If you want to wow your family this year, here are a few creative options you should consider serving.
One idea is to prepare a beef roulade—a rolled-up roast that is filled with pork, veal, herbs and spices all wrapped in bacon. This classic dish will impress even the pickiest eaters at your table! Another great option is a roasted duck, which has become increasingly popular over the past few years. Don’t forget to serve it with some delicious sides like mashed potatoes or cranberry sauce. Or if you really want to wow your guests, try making a braised shoulder of lamb! It’s an incredibly flavorful dish that will have everyone asking for seconds (or thirds!).
Side Dishes For Sharing
Side dishes are just as important as the main course when it comes to making sure everyone leaves satisfied. Here are some interesting options for you to consider if you want something different than what has been served in years past:
- Roasted Brussels sprouts with garlic and parmesan – This simple side dish packs a lot of flavor and is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Plus, it’s easy enough for even novice cooks!
- Creamy mashed potatoes – Mashed potatoes are always a hit but adding cream cheese or sour cream makes them extra creamy and delicious. Try this recipe out on your family this year and they won’t be able to get enough!
- Green beans almondine – Green beans almondine is an elegant side dish that combines green beans with almonds and butter for an added crunch and flavor boost. You can also add herbs like parsley or thyme if you want even more flavor in every bite!
Dazzle Your Guests With Delicious Desserts
- What better way to end your holiday feast than with some sweet treats? Here are two ideas sure to satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth:
- Apple tart – An apple tart is so simple yet so delicious when served warm from the oven. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top for an extra special treat!
- Chocolate-dipped strawberries – Strawberries dipped in melted chocolate are always a hit but adding some sprinkles or nuts takes them up another level! They make excellent gifts too so don’t forget to set aside some extras before they disappear quickly off the plate!
Celebrating Christmas doesn’t have to mean sticking with traditional recipes; there are plenty of delectable dishes out there that can help make your holiday feast memorable!
From savory main courses like beef roulades or roasted ducks all the way through decadent desserts such as apple tarts or chocolate-dipped strawberries, there’s something here for everyone at your table this season. So go ahead and get creative in the kitchen this Christmas; I’m sure everyone will love whatever new dishes you prepare!